Vision Camberwell’s first priority is the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
To ensure we can continue to provide eye care during these difficult times, we ask that diligence is applied whenever possible.
- Due to supply issues, hand sanitiser is not available for use, however, all equipment, machines and surfaces are being disinfected with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- All staff are washing their hands with soap and water, and where appropriate, wearing masks.
- As always, soap and water are available to wash hands in the bathroom.
- We ask that frames are not tried on without the assistance of one of our staff, so they can disinfect the frames after contact.
When it’s NOT ok to attend Vision Camberwell
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, we ask that your refrain from attending our practice.
- If you have been in contact with a person who has been unwell.
- If you have travelled outside of Australia we ask that you do not attend for a 14-day period following your arrival back into Australia.
When it’s ok to attend Vision Camberwell
- If you have not travelled outside Australia, or have not been in contact with an infected patient in the last 14 days, your risk of infection is very low.
- If it has been longer than 14 days since you returned from international travel or since you came into contact with a confirmed or suspected coronavirus patient.
- If you have recently been tested and shown NOT to have COVID-19.
If you would like further information on the protocol and guidelines we are following, please see updated publications from Optometry Australia (www.optometry.org.au)